To deliver video art therapy to your desktop, tablet, or phone, I use the secure Jane app. Click on this link to find out what it’s like when you’re invited to a Jane video session.
Ready to try it? You can choose a video session when you book online or call me to make an appointment. You don’t need special art supplies for your session, anything you have on hand will work: highlighter, pen, pencil, crayon, printer paper, napkin, glue stick, recycled packaging, magazines for collage images. You can also check out a dollar store for inexpensive supplies.
Here are a few tips for your video session:
- Create a private space for your session where you can speak without being overheard or interrupted. If the session is for your child, make sure they are in a location where they know no one can hear the session and there will be no interruptions or distractions from other people or pets.
- Headphones improve your privacy and minimize background noise and interruptions.
- Video conferencing on Jane works best on Google Chrome as your internet browser.
- Share any concerns about video therapy with me before or after your session so we can make you as comfortable as possible.
- If you’re distracted by seeing yourself on the screen or monitor, stick a post-it note on the window that shows your image.
Visit the Jane website for more information about video sessions.