The global response to COVID 19 took everyone by surprise, and the adjustments and uncertainty continue. Join me at the Refinery Arts and Spirit Centre to explore the impact of the pandemic on your life. During the six group sessions, participants will be guided through a creative process to identify challenges, surprises, and strengths. These insights will become tools to help you on the path ahead. No art making experience is needed! Activities are designed for people of all creative abilities. The focus in this workshop series is the process of self-expression and reflection, not the finished piece of art. To register online go to http://www.emmanuelrefinery.org/classes
I’m pleased to announce the opening of my office on July 6. Contact me if you’d like to set up a time to check out my studio, learn more about art therapy, or to discuss how you or someone you know may benefit from art therapy. I would also be happy to discuss concerns you may have about the transmission of COVID 19 during art therapy. Precautions will change as we learn more about the virus and its transmission, but for now include:
- If you or someone in your household is ill, please cancel your session/meeting at any time. There will be no charge for cancellations while COVID 19 is a concern.
- Upon arrival at 309 Fairmont Drive, visitors are asked to wash their hands in the washroom near the front entrance or use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet can be accommodated in my office. Face masks may be worn if clients/visitors feel safer or if activities make it difficult to keep 6 feet apart.
- A half hour will be added between each session for the disinfection of surfaces after each visit.
- Art supplies will be provided in weekly rotation to ensure there is no virus transmission by using pens, paintbrushes, pencil crayons, pastels, etc.
- An alcohol spray will be used on sand tray figures, sand, and play items after each use.
- Outreach group sessions for organizations may have up to 15 participants but there must be enough space for all participants to practice physical distancing if masks are not worn.
With increased concern about face-to-face transmission of COVID-19, I will be offering only video sessions for adults beginning May 4th. I’ve chosen the Jane.app because video sessions are included in the Jane suite of products I’ll be using for my practice, such as online booking, reminders, invoicing, and payment. This should make the business side of being a client easy and helpful. Video sessions offered by Jane are also safe, so no worries about being video bombed, hacked, or having information leaking onto the web. Jane’s video sessions are PIPEDA approved, which also means our online sessions are covered by my liability insurance through the Canadian Art Therapy Association. Here’s a description about telehealth, or video session security, from Jane’s website:
Secure & HIPAA-compliant data transfer
Jane’s telehealth feature is built within Jane’s secure infrastructure and is designed from the ground up to be secure. All data is encrypted in transit, and nothing is ever recorded or stored. And in most cases, the encrypted data flows directly from your device to your patient’s device bypassing Jane’s servers altogether – security by design.
As a registered art therapist with more than seven years experience, I offer counselling through individual sessions or groups for all ages and concerns. Art therapy is a method to explore issues using the creative process that does not rely on words for someone to experience benefits. This is especially helpful for someone who finds it difficult to explain or describe complex experiences, emotions, and thoughts. Here’s a link to a list of research in the many areas art therapy brings benefits: https://arttherapy.org/upload/outcomebibliographyresearchcmte.pdf
You don’t have to be an artist to participate! There are lots of materials to choose from and I can suggest activities if you’re not sure where to begin. Individual or group sessions can be delivered at my office or through outreach. Online video sessions will be available beginning May 4th.
For more information about me and my practice check out the links above, call me at 306-717-4811, or email email@example.com.
You can make an appointment by phone, email, or online booking after your intake session.